It’s Tuesday, so I figured it only fitting to post a recipe for tacos. Taco Tuesday ya’ll! Maybe this should become a weekly thing. But are there enough taco recipes out there to make it last….shit. Well don’t count on tacos every Tuesday but I will do my best!
Ok back to the recipe. I love my slow cooker guys. Like seriously it is the best invention for the kitchen. Or at least close. You throw stuff into it, turn it on, and then you can forget about it for hours until you’re ready to devour whatever deliciousness you tossed in there. How cool is that?
Today I bring you a super simple and delicious carnitas tacos recipes that utilizes that wonderful slow cooker. Now I don’t know about you, but tacos are always a win in my book. And these bad boys turned out so delicious. I love carnitas when they are juicy and tender on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside. MMMMHHMMM!! That’s what I’m talking about. Ok now I am hungry for tacos again damnit.
Enough of my rambling. Check out the recipe below and let me know if (I mean when) you try them out!
Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos with Pepper Salsa
- 1 medium to large pork shoulder bone-out
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large tomato
- Corn tortillas
- Limes (1 for juice and extra for topping tacos)
- Olive oil
- Seasonings of choice (I used garlic, cumin, sea salt, onion powder)
- Rub pork shoulder with olive oil, salt, and garlic. Place in slow cooker, fat cap up, and turn on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.
- When shoulder is done cooking, dice up peppers and tomato. Toss together in bowl with juice of one lime, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Put in the fridge to keep cool until ready.
- Shred pork shoulder into desired sized pieces. Place pieces in large pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook on the stove top for 4-5 minutes, tossing regularly, or until pieces are browned on the outside.
- Heat up corn tortillas. Place carnitas inside tortillas and top with salsa.