I am not one for spicy things. No, seriously. I am a total wimp with spicy stuff. If I put too much pepper on something sometimes I start to sweat. Cute, I know.
With that being said, I LOVE the taste of spicy food. It adds so much flavor. So I wanted to find a way to get that amazing taste without burning all the taste buds off my tongue. And by golly I did it. This buffalo chicken has all the flavor of spicy buffalo without the heat, and that makes me one happy girl. Plus it is really simple to make, and that also makes be a very happy girl.
You can get the “hard” part of this done before you head off to work, turn on the crockpot, and have the “easy” stuff left to do when you return. This is a delicious and flavorful recipe that could be mixed up in so many ways!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Taters
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2C buffalo wing sauce (I used Franks)
- 1/4C barbecue sauce
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/4C water
- dash of sea salt
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Place all other ingredients, besides sweet potatoes, into a bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until coconut oil is melted. Pour over chicken.
- Leave crockpot on low for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked enough to shred.
- 45 minutes before chicken is done, poke several holes in each sweet potato and bake in the oven at 400 degrees. Or you can cook in the microwave 10 minutes before chicken is ready by poking a few holes in each potato, wrapping them in a moist paper towel, and microwaving on high for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Shred the chicken into desired sized pieces. Remove potatoes from oven and slice lengthwise. Top with buffalo chicken mixture.
- **Optional to top with sour cream and chives.